[petsc-users] How to reorder the local part of the parallel mat?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 16 14:10:40 CST 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:53 PM, Fande Kong <fd.kong at siat.ac.cn> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I create a parallel mat with type MATMPIAIJ, and use the MatGetOrdering to reorder it. But it doesn't work. Who can tell me how to do that? I just want to reorder the local part of the matrix.

   We don't have code in place for this type of thing. Maybe if you explain why you would like it we could suggest alternatives.

    Generally we recommend ordering the original mesh appropriately so that the resulting matrices have good orderings and don't recommend reordering the matrices directly (except for direct solvers).

   Barry