[petsc-users] Is there something to be paid attention to about MatIsSymmetric?

w_ang_temp w_ang_temp at 163.com
Wed Jan 16 12:09:09 CST 2013

>At 2012-12-02 23:10:51,"Jed Brown" <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>The test for symmetry is not implemented for all matrix types. Looking at the code, it seems to only be SeqAIJ, but MatIsTranspose(A,A,...) would also work >for MPIAIJ.

I made a test. I get all the elements of the matrix and compare the element A(i,j) with
A(j,i). The result shows that the matrix is symmetric. But the result of MatIsTranspose(A,A,0.0,matsysflg,ierr)
shows that it is unsymmetric(matsysflg=0). I think there is something that I donot know about using the function.