[petsc-users] make dist + hg

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 15 15:40:22 CST 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Tobin Isaac wrote:

> I'm sorry if this is more of a mercurial question, but here goes:
>
> I'm keeping track of  petsc-dev with mercurial.  I'm trying to make a
> tarball of my source, because I have some local tweaks that I'd like
> to keep when I build on a new system.  Two issues:
>
> 1) "make dist" doesn't seem to run correctly.  It makes tarballs that
> don't include the src/ directory. Output below.

'make dist' had quiet a few prerequisites [and it does revert all
changes aswell'] - so this is not something you want..

> 2) mercurial wants to revert my changes before it builds the tarball.
> How do I stop this?

Why not commit your changes, and always do 'hg pull --rebase' to get
latest petsc-dev stuff?

Also - for uncommited stuff - I would get a patchfile with 'hg diff'
and apply it to the remote source tree.

Satish