[petsc-users] binary vtk viewer DMDA

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Jan 9 09:37:21 CST 2013

Hi,

I am looking at the documentation and the examples looking for a simple illustration of how to use the new vtk binary viewers for structured data defined by a DMDA, but can't find any straightforward example. Is there a simple example that I am missing?

When I try
PetscViewerVTKAddField(VTKviewer,(PetscObject) dmda1,DMDAVTKWriteAll,PETSC_VTK_POINT_FIELD,(PetscObject) p);CHKERRQ(ierr);
I get a compilation time error:
TestVTK.c:53: error: ‘DMDAVTKWriteAll’ was not declared in this scope
indeed, DMDAVTKWriteAll is defined in a private header. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Is the xml file describing the content of the binary files generated automatically or do I need to take care of it by myself?

I am using petsc-3.3, latest changeset.

Regards,
Blaise
--
Department of Mathematics and Center for Computation & Technology
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA