[petsc-users] ML options

Mark F. Adams mark.adams at columbia.edu
Mon Jan 7 09:09:49 CST 2013

ex56 is a simple 3D elasticity problem.  There is a runex56 target that uses GAMG and a runex56_ml.  These have a generic parameters and ML and GAMG work well.

The eigen estimates could be bad.  This can cause death.  I've found that CG converges to the largest eigenvalue faster than the default GMRES so I use:

-gamg_est_ksp_max_it 10  # this is the default, you could increase this to test
-gamg_est_ksp_type cg

Jed could tell you how to set this for ML.