[petsc-users] Fwd: A quick question on 'un-symmetric graph'

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 5 20:32:57 CST 2013

Mark, this is a reasonably reduced test case.

mpiexec -n 3 ./ex45 -da_grid_x 19 -da_grid_y 13 -da_grid_z 23 -pc_type gamg
-pc_gamg_agg_nsmooths 1 -ksp_monitor

This is a symmetric graph, but not a symmetric matrix, though the asymmetry
is only due to boundary conditions (boundary rows have only a diagonal
nonzero; the other zeros are still stored explicitly). Do you have a
preference about how this is handled? (I don't think we should need extra
options to handle this extremely common case.)