[petsc-users] PETSc and threads

Petar Petrovic ppetrovic573 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 13:34:36 CST 2013

MPI processes are fine, I didn't express myself clearly. Let me try with
another example.
Lets say I need to solve n linear systems Ax = b_i, i=1..n and I want to do
this in parallel. I would like to employ n processes to do this, so each
i-th process does A\b_i, and they all run in parallel. Something like:

for(i=0; i<n; i++)
   solve(Ax=b_i)

where I would like to run this for loop in parallel. Can I do this?

Let me just note that it doesn't necessarily need to be a A\b operation.
There are parts of my program that are embarrassingly parallel which I
would like to exploit.