[petsc-users] checking whether a ksp type wants definite matrices

Geoffrey Irving irving at naml.us
Tue Feb 19 17:39:58 CST 2013

Currently I have a command line option that controls whether my force
classes perform definiteness projection, which is necessary for CG and
unnecessary for GMRES, etc.  It would be nice to automatically turn on
definiteness if I notice that the petsc ksp type is cg.

Is CG the only KSP that requires definiteness?  If not, is there a
standard way of checking whether KSP object or type supports
indefinite matrices?

Thanks,
Geoffrey