[petsc-users] Convergence is different with different processors

w_ang_temp w_ang_temp at 163.com
Sat Feb 16 12:21:29 CST 2013

Hello, Barry

    Is it true that BJacobi preconditioner is only one type of ASM preconditioner(overlap=0), it is only one part of ASM?
    I find that sometimes the two have the same results while sometimes they are not. Is the reason that PETSc can
internally get the better parameter when using ASM, and sometimes it use overlap=0 then ASM and BJacobi have the same
results.
    If it is true, ASM is always better than BJacobi?
Thanks.                   Jim