[petsc-users] Communication time with threading enabled.

Gonçalo Albuquerque goncalo.albuquerque at insilicio.com
Thu Feb 14 14:06:17 CST 2013

Dear Shri,

Just tried with --download-mpich and all is well. Thanks.

Confirmed that using --download-openmpi (instead of using Ubuntu's OpenMPI)
produces the same slowdown in communications. Another visible symptom is
that it takes a long time to print the log_summary data.

Any hints as to why OpenMPI displays this behavior.

Thank you again for your help.

Regards,

Gonçalo