[petsc-users] Help with ML/BoomerAMG

Gaetan Kenway gaetank at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 09:23:35 CDT 2013

For the forward solve I use ASM+ILU in the same manner as for the adjoint
problem.
The  ASM not a bottleneck  per se. Typically we see the  adjoint problem
taking the same amount of time as the non-linear problem for well-behaved
flows, and the adjoint is shorter for  less well-behaved flows.

The real problem I am having is for certain RANS cases, the
frozen turbulence adjoint is extremely difficult to solve --- requiring
 GMRES subspace sizes on the order of 400-500 to converge.  That's why I
was investigating alternative preconditioning methods that could
help  solve these problems more efficiently.

Gaetan