[petsc-users] maintaining application compatibility with 3.1 and 3.2

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 17 16:35:27 CDT 2013

  Alexei,

     It is our intention that PETSc be easy enough for anyone to install that rather than making your application work with different versions one simply install the PETSc version one needs. In addition we recommend updating applications to work with the latest release within a couple of months after each release.

     If you ever have trouble with installs please send configure.log and make.log to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov

   Barry