[petsc-users] PCView only for one block ?

Mikolaj mikolaj.szydlarski at cea.fr
Tue Apr 16 04:05:07 CDT 2013

Hello,

I am using a block preconditioners and I wonder if it is possible to
print PC data structure for sub-solvers limited only to the one block.
By default PCView 'pollute' std output with the information about every
single sub-setup from each MPI process ( e.g. below ) and I haven't
found so far a solution for printing it only from one processor.

call PCView(pc,PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_WORLD,ierr) after setup of sub-solvers:

PC Object: 16 MPI processes
   type: bjacobi
     block Jacobi: number of blocks = 16
     Local solve info for each block is in the following KSP and PC objects:
   [0] number of local blocks = 1, first local block number = 0
     [0] local block number 0

And then 16 x

{

     KSP Object:    (sub_)     1 MPI processes
       type: preonly
       maximum iterations=10000, initial guess is zero
       tolerances:  relative=1e-05, absolute=1e-50, divergence=10000
       left preconditioning
       using NONE norm type for convergence test
     PC Object:    (sub_)     1 MPI processes
       type: ilu
         ILU: out-of-place factorization
         1 level of fill
         tolerance for zero pivot 2.22045e-14

}

Thank you in advance for any hint,

best regards,

Mikolaj

p.s. My petsc version: petsc-3.3-p5 and piece of code for printing: