[petsc-users] algorithm to get pure real eigen valule for general eigenvalue problem(Non-hermitian type)

Zhang Wei zhang.wei at chalmers.se
Mon Apr 15 16:18:24 CDT 2013

hi
Thanks very much for your help!
Indeed, I am dealing with linearised Navier Stokes.  Actually the algorithm is already tested in a FEM code by directly using Arpack. I tried slepc with wrapped Arpack. I noticed that the shit between each iteration is controlled by the number of converged eigenvalue and a predefined portion,which is the same as restart parameter "keep" in krylovschur solver, but can't be changed. While in the FEM code, the shift value is exact one. But I can't find different in the implementation. Could it be the problem?

Yours Sincerely
Wei Zhang
Ph.D
Hydrodynamic Group