[petsc-users] algorithm to get pure real eigen valule for general eigenvalue problem(Non-hermitian type)

Zhang Wei zhang.wei at chalmers.se
Sun Apr 14 12:51:42 CDT 2013

Hi!
Thanks for your reply. I am now dealing with non symmetric  eigen problem, where I expect to get these complex pairs. I am looking for the largest magnitude eigen pairs. But I always get many pure real eigen pairs,which in my case make no sense. The thing is that these are not totally wrong.since it is a standard case I compared with others, these real eigen values are somehow close to the magnitude of "correct" results.for eigen vectors, the "correct" results can be express as "T*exp(kx)",where the T is chebyshev polynomial. And all real eigen vectors I got are extract chebyshev polynomial. Actually I already set the problem to NHEP,and can get some complex eigen pairs. Comparing with expected one those eigen values are larger in angle. On the other hand I set the tolerance to 1e-9.

Thanks in advance!

Yours Sincerely
Wei Zhang
Ph.D