[petsc-users] How to get the eigenvectors in Slepc

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 10:53:11 CDT 2013

> As Matt said, read the manual section on vectors. Page 43 "Basic Vector operations":
>
> "On occasion, the user needs to access the actual elements of the vector. The routine VecGetArray() returns a pointer to the elements local to the process:
>   VecGetArray(Vec v,PetscScalar **array);
> When access to the array is no longer needed, the user should call
>   VecRestoreArray(Vec v, PetscScalar **array);
> Then have a look at any of the examples, for instance those listed here
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-3.3/docs/manualpages/Vec/VecGetArray.html
> Please read the documentation. We cannot develop your code for you.
> Jose

Thanks in advance,
I'm already reading those manuals Petsc,Slepc, online Petsc/Slepc documents are always open in my browser.But it seems it really take times to get used to it, which I think that this is what I'm suffering for the time being.
Can you confirm that having all the eigenvalues as real and corresponding eigenvectors as zero and having imaginary parts is something weird. At least to confirm that I'm on a right path and this should be the point that I've to focus.
Regards,