[petsc-users] Compiling Error of petsc-dev

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 9 00:02:45 CDT 2013

Zhang <zyzhang at nuaa.edu.cn> writes:

> Thank you Jed. I tried as your suggested.
>
> Here I am using CUDA 5.0, what version is supported by the current petsc-dev?

I'm using CUDA 5, CUDA 4 should also work.

> But Other error found here. Any help is welcome.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Zhenyu
>
> aijcusparse.cu(290): error: argument of type "cusparseDiagType_t" is incompatible with parameter of type "cusparseOperation_t"

This is probably caused by an old version of txpetscgpu, which has been
upgraded in 'next'.  If you used --download-txpetscgpu=1, you can update
to the new version using:

$ rm -r externalpackages/txpetscgpu $PETSC_ARCH/include/txpetscgpu
$ git pull
$ make reconfigure all

> plex.c: In function ‘PetscErrorCode DMPlexGenerate_CTetgen(DM, PetscBool, _p_DM**)’:
> plex.c:3663:66: error: invalid conversion from ‘const int*’ to ‘int*’ [-fpermissive]
> plex.c:2970:23: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘PetscErrorCode DMPlexInvertCells_Internal(PetscInt, PetscInt, int*)’ [-fpermissive]
> plex.c: In function ‘PetscErrorCode DMPlexRefine_CTetgen(DM, PetscReal*, _p_DM**)’:
> plex.c:3798:66: error: invalid conversion from ‘const int*’ to ‘int*’ [-fpermissive]
> plex.c:2970:23: error:   initializing argument 3 of ‘PetscErrorCode DMPlexInvertCells_Internal(PetscInt, PetscInt, int*)’ [-fpermissive]
> /usr/bin/ar: plex.o: No such file or directory

This was improper use of const, not caught perhaps because ctetgen was
not being tested.  I've fixed the problem in 'next'.

Matt, please merge my branch 'jed/fix-plex-const' into 'knepley/plex' at
your convenience.