[petsc-users] Redo PetscOptions From Commandline

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 5 10:15:28 CDT 2013

On Apr 5, 2013, at 10:09 AM, Dmitry Karpeev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> It seems to me this is related to Moose's new MultiApp capability: solving different systems on subcommunicators (with the interaction between the systems handled outside of PETSc)?  It may be that the cleaner approach is to have the subsystems (their solvers, rather) use prefixes to set their specific options.
> Would that be enough?
>
> Dmitry.

    If PETSc is only aware of the subcommunicator then it could be that the right model is to set PETSC_COMM_WORLD to be the sub comm of MPI_COMM_WORLD before PetscInitialize(), then PETSc only sees that sub communicator.  But you will NOT be able to use PETSc on anything that "connects" these various sub communicators together.