[petsc-users] coordinate point location in mesh

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:29:30 CDT 2013

Hello,
         Is there any DMPlex function which will tell me to which DMPlex
point a given coordinate point  belongs to ?
I am looking for cell id given a coordinates of a point.

If not,  I can think of writing of a test for point in cell
and loop over cells to find the cell id. Any suggestions for doing this ?

The physical problem i am looking at is a Poisson equation in a given
domain.

- \Delta u(x) = rho(x)  where rho is a sum of delta functions randomly
located in the domain.
Dharmendar Reddy Palle
Graduate Student
Microelectronics Research center,