[petsc-users] Petsc/Slepc Integration with Code Blocks IDE

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 1 13:15:04 CDT 2013

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Sonya Blade wrote:

> Is it possible that I missed to install some crucial packages during the
>  CygWin installation?

How do you come to this conclusion? gcc found and used them at PETSc configure and build time [with makefiles].

>  Because those packages got nothing to do with the petsc or slepcs compilation

How do you know that?

>  Then problem boils down to what are the minimum requirements.

sure - for minimal build - you can configure petsc with --with-mpi=0
--with-x=0 etc. But gcc on windows might still need '-luser32
-ladvapi32 -lshell32' stuff.

Satish