[petsc-users] A qustion of PETSc

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat May 26 09:26:20 CDT 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM, w_ang_temp <w_ang_temp at 163.com> wrote:

> Hello,Matt
>     Thanks again.
>     What you said("Use -ksp_type preonly -pc_type lu") means that I should
> use a direct solver.And I am puzzled.

Okay, you want to remove variables from the investigation. You say there is
a difference between
the parallel and serial solve. We do this all the time, so it is not a bug.
It is an issue of understanding.
First, take away the tolerance issues:

  -ksp_rtol 1.0e-15 -ksp_converged_reason -ksp_monitor_true_residual

and send output of the serial and parallel run.

   Matt