[petsc-users] using metis in petsc

RenZhengYong renzhengyong at gmail.com
Wed May 23 04:01:17 CDT 2012

Dear PETscs,

I want to use the metis in my code and calling petsc to solve the system of
linear equation.
I find that there is a libmetis.a included in petsc. So, I want to use the
metis routins via petsc.

However, when I included:

include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/rules

in my makefile.

And the compiler icpc told me that:
catastrophic error: cannot open source file "metis.h".

My question is where is the "metis.h" in petsc?

I actually installed the latest version of metis 5.0 in my disk.  And I
find the interfaces of this 5.0 version metis and the older version metis
in petsc-3.2-p7 are quite different. So, I want to use the metis in the
petsc-3.2-p7.

Best wishes
Zhengyong
--