[petsc-users] Divergence when using Line Search

Dmitry Karpeev karpeev at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 15 17:24:15 CDT 2012

In principle, you can implement any type of line search in PETSc by
subclassing SNESLineSearch (although it requires going under the hood some,
as we generally think of LineSearch as a private object).  If you can
elaborate on what you need, we can work with you guys to see how to
accomplish it with what we have or to extend it, if necessary.  That might
require extra hooks into PETSc in libMesh/Moose, but we have plenty of
experience managing that.

Cheers,
Dmitry.