[petsc-users] Statistics on the popularity of PETSc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 28 11:54:24 CDT 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Fredrik Heffer Valdmanis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you guys have any recent up-to-date numbers on for instance:
>
> - The number of PETSc downloads per month
> - The number of projects that use PETSc
> - The number of users of PETSc
>
> or anything else that may be used when discussing the popularity of PETSc?
> I have seen some numbers on Matt's home page regarding hits on Google,
> references on Google Books etc., so I can easily get updated such numbers
> myself, but I would greatly appreciate it if you have anything to share
> with me.

I have the following statistics..

[2011] Total petsc tarball downloads                : 43335
[2011] Unique machines requesting tarball downloads : 12979
[Today]Total unique e-mail ids in mailing lists     :  1138

Regarding projects using PETSc - we have some incomplete info at:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/publications/index.html

Satish