[petsc-users] ex52_integrateElement.cu

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 13:23:07 CDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM, David Fuentes <fuentesdt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a question about the status of example 52.
>

> http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/file/a8e2f2c19319/src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex52.c
>
> http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc-dev/file/a8e2f2c19319/src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex52_integrateElement.cu
>

> Can this example be used with a DM object created from an unstructured
> exodusII mesh, DMMeshCreateExodus, And the FEM assembly done on GPU ?

1) I have pushed many more tests for it now. They can be run using the
Python build system

  ./config/builder2.py check src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex52.c

  in fact, you can build any set of files this way.

2) The Exodus creation has to be converted to DMComplex from DMMesh. That
should not take me very long. Blaise maintains that
     so maybe there will be help :) You will just replace
DMComplexCreateBoxMesh() with DMComplexCreateExodus(). If you request
     it, I will bump it up the list.

Let me know if you can run the tests.

  Thanks

     Matt