[petsc-users] SNES convergence tol question

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:40:19 CDT 2012

What you're seeing is convergence in the step tolerance, not the relative
tolerance applied to the norm of the residual.  This means that the norm of
the steplength between successive iterations has gone below snes->xtol
times the norm of the solution.  This appears to be set through -snes_stol.

- Peter