[petsc-users] Solving a Linear System with two different Solvers (one each thread)..?

Shri abhyshr at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 19 16:18:57 CDT 2012

Pedro,
> Taking in to account that pthread was recenltly added to petsc, is it possible to code a program that solve the same linear system with two different solvers, one on each thread?.
I guess that can be done calling different ksp object, one on each thread, but I don't have clear, first if this is possible and second how to do that.

No, this is not possible currently and may not be available in the future too. I don't think there may be any performance benefit by solving the same linear system using different KSPs on different threads.

What are you trying to do using pthreads in PETSc?

Shri