[petsc-users] Solving a Linear System with two different Solvers (one each thread)..?

Pedro Torres torres.pedrozpk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:47:49 CDT 2012

Hello Petsc Team,

I has some experience with PETSc + MPI, but neither with PETSc+Pthreads nor
Pthreads alone. Taking in to account that pthread was recenltly added to
petsc, is it possible to code a program that solve the same linear system
with two different solvers, one on each thread?. I guess that can be done
calling different ksp object, one on each thread,  but I don't have clear,
first if this is possible and second how to do that. Sorry if my question
is meaningless, I just started to study pthreads.

I will really appreciated any advice. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

--
Pedro Torres