[petsc-users] Projection preconditioner as PCMG

Abdul Hanan Sheikh hanangul12 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 05:16:01 CST 2012

Dear,

To my earlier querry:

What if I want to approximate my all coarse matrices with any Krylov iteration ?
reply:

The methods on each
level are independent, you can set them with -mg_coarse_ksp_type gmres
-mg_levels_1_ksp_type cg -mg_levels_1_ksp_max_it 100
-mg_levels_2_ksp_type minres ...

This command line option changes the ksp_type on both ksp_pre and ksp_post (pre and post smoothing) .
Where as I need to fix the ksp_post_type as RICHARDSON to get my Prec = C + I - AC ;

If adapt pre_smoother as follows :

ierr = MGGetSmootherDown(pcmg,lev,&ksp_pre); CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = KSPSetType(ksp_pre, KSPGMRES);CHKERRQ(ierr);

Does ONLY setting pre_smoother as GMRES means that GMRES iterates on coarse matrix at level = lev ?

Thanks in advance.
Abdul.