[petsc-users] PETSc.: Projection preconditioner as PCMG

Abdul Hanan Sheikh hanangul12 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 08:31:35 CST 2012

Dear,

I had to implement the projection preconditioner (P = I - A*R*(A_H)^1 *P) along with an standard preconditioner (M).
And I read in some thread of users list that multilevel preconditioner can better handled by PCMG too, thus
I had tried to implement the later (M) as pre smoother, where as the earlier (P) as CGC in PCMG framework.

1. Does it make sense ?
or the coarse grid correction of PCMG only does this part: R*(A_H)^1 *P   ??
2. How can I adapt my projection preconditioner (P) as (P1 = I - A*R*(A_H)^1 *P + R*(A_H)^1 *P ) ?

I hope made you to get my problem. Even sorry for not a good narration.
Thank you in anticipation,

Abdul Hanan

TechnischeUniversiteit Delft
Faculteit Elektrotechniek, Wiskunde en Informatica
Numerical Analysis