[petsc-users] [petsc-maint #107932] run a simple example ex19 in src/snes/examples/tutorials

Xiangze Zeng zengshixiangze at 163.com
Mon Mar 5 23:42:07 CST 2012

Thank you. I'll try it.

在 2012-03-06 13:31:06,"Matthew Knepley" <petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov> 写道:
2012/3/5 Xiangze Zeng <zengshixiangze at 163.com>

Hi, Matt.

We know that when we compile the CUDA-C code, we use nvcc. But if we run the PETSc-CUDA code in GPU, what we do is just to change the type of Mat and Vec. In the PETSc-CUDA code compilings progress ,does it use nvcc?

Yes.

And when implement the PETSc for using GPU, do you ever consider the comupute capibility of the GPU. And in which place, the parameter of the comupute capibility of the GPU has been set?

You configure using --with-cuda-arch=sm_13 for instance, or compute_12.

And you have given me an idea what your problem is. The GeForce 310 has no double precision floating point units.
Therefore, you must configure PETSc using --with-precision=single.

    Matt

Thank you.
Zeng

在 2012-03-05 22:28:20,"Matthew Knepley" <petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov> 写道: