[petsc-users] Problem with KSPSetOperators

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 2 06:23:56 CST 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 04:18, Manfred Gratt <manfred.gratt at uibk.ac.at>wrote:

> thank you for your quick response. The petsc-dev did not solve the
> segfault. I checked what the difference from ex5 to my code was and after I
> changed my code to ex5 the segfault was gone when I used MatZeroEntries
> instead of destroying and creating a new Matrix for the second solve.  This
> seems to be logical but, what I do not understand is why it works with
> destroying and creating a new Matrix on more than one processor fine?

I can't understand from this description exactly what works and what
doesn't work for you. There shouldn't be a SEGV for any "reasonable"
sequence of calls you make, so we should clarify the confusion and either
fix the bug or make a better/earlier error message.

Is there a way you can modify ex5 (or another example, or send your own
code) to show the problem?