[petsc-users] ccgraph.c error

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 1 14:23:30 CST 2012

> Do I understand correctly that this was fixed mainly by using the latest
> Metis?  Were there any patches to MUMPS that weren't directly related to
> the updated Metis?  I'm just trying to understand what fixed the ccgraph.c
> problem.  It doesn't seem to happen in 3.1-p8, although that version of
> MUMPS is a lot slower (not sure why).

I have no idea what's going on in ccgraph.c. I did have to patch a few
places in PETSc but most of that was in sieve and Mat. The changes I made
to metis, parmetis, mumps, superlu_dist, and suitesparse were only related
to updating their interfaces to use the newest metis / parmetis for 64 bit
compatibility.

I could, but it's a little too unstable for use in production software.
> Using the released/patched version simplifies a lot of things on many
> levels.

Ok, but just a heads up that you could find a revision that works for you
and stick to that one:

hg clone http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/petsc/-dev -r d33f3ccece60