[petsc-users] ccgraph.c error

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:09:35 CST 2012

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Sean Farley <sean at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> So there would not be the problem with empty domains? I could see it
>>> happening for this many processes.
>>

>> I'm saying that he's using the older parmetis (3.1) and SuperLU_DIST
>> (2.5) (and also Jed was right, this looks like 3.2p1), which as far I
>> remember still have the empty domain problem.
>>

> Okay, executive summary:
>
> There is a problem with the interaction of SuperLU and ParMetis which is
> fixed in petsc-dev, using the latest
> releases of both packages. Consider upgrading.

Sorry to dig up an old thread (I seem to have a tendency of doing that
here!), but this problem exists in petsc-3.2-p6 with MUMPS and Metis as
well.  Looking at the differences between the dev version of mump.c and the
release version, I don't see anything that would have obviously fixed
this.  Could you give me a hint about what was changed?  Is it as simple as
using the updated Metis package (in dev)?  How difficult would it be to
backport the fix to the released version?

John