[petsc-users] Fwd: matrix dot product multiplication with petsc

Nicholas Pezolano npezolano at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:18:07 CDT 2012

@Matt,

 thanks but this is just general matrix multiplication , not the dot
product multiplication's for a matrix

@Jed Brown

I am trying to draw random numbers from a complex multivariate mixture
distribution needed for a monte carlo simulation.  X:= mu + Lambda.* W +
gamma.*sqrt(W) , where they are all NxN dense matrices of equal size  where
N ranges from 100,000 to 2,000,000. I need to do the dot product
multiplication and addition for every part of this distribution. Would
petsc be the right tool for this or should i just stick to C and mpi. I've
already used many petsc functions that have made life much eaiser