[petsc-users] MatRARt

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 08:10:45 CDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Hong Zhang <hzhang at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> Can you test MatRARt on
> petsc-3.3/src/mat/examples/tests/ex94 with attached matrix data file by
>
> ./ex94 -f0 medium -f1 medium
>
> Do it crash?

Yes, it does crash in the same exact fashion as the code I sent.  This
is 3.3-p2.  petsc-dev also crashes, but I haven't pulled changes in
about a month (and the server is down right now).

> From flops analysis and experiments, MatRARt() is not as efficient as
> MatPtAP,
> likely costs twice as MatPtAP.

I can just as easily construct P, so this isn't a big deal.  How would
MatPtAP compare to a hypothetical MatRAP?  Is there a reason this
routine doesn't exist?

John