[petsc-users] Using DMDAVecGetArrayF90 and PetscInt

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 02:30:05 CDT 2012

Hi,

Can PetscInt be used with DMDAVecGetArrayF90 and DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90 ?

If I use :

/PetscScalar,pointer :: types(:,:)

call DMDAVecGetArrayF90(da_dof1,type_local,types,ierr)

call DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90(da_dof1,type_local,types,ierr)/

It worked. However if I use :

/PetscInt,pointer :: types(:,:)

call DMDAVecGetArrayF90(da_dof1,type_local,types,ierr)

call DMDAVecRestoreArrayF90(da_dof1,type_local,types,ierr)/

It gives error saying :

Error: There is no matching specific subroutine for this generic
subroutine call

However I would like my "types" to be integer. How can that be done?

--
Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng