[petsc-users] About DIVERGED_ITS

w_ang_temp w_ang_temp at 163.com
Tue Jul 10 22:24:32 CDT 2012

    Thanks very much! I understand.

    I made a test. If the tolerance is large, PETSc says "converged" but the result is "incorrect" for my use

due to the tolerance. While the tolerance is tight, when the rtol reaches a certain value, the result is

not changing and it is not equal to the true value. And PETSc says "diverged". As Jed said, I need to either

increase the number of iterations or use a better preconditioner. And I think the latter is a better way in

my work.

    Thanks.