[petsc-users] -mat_superlu_lwork

Gianluca Meneghello gianmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:39:38 CDT 2012

Dear all,

I am trying to use superlu as solver for a large, sparse matrix, and I
would like to use -mat_superlu_lwork to speed up the computation. The
problem I encounter is that my lwork size I would need is greated than
the maximum value for an object of type long int and is not correctly
read by the code.

Is there a workaround to that? Does using another solver (mumps
maybe?) solve this problem and, if so, which option should I use?

Thanks in advance

Gianluca

--
"[Je pense que] l'homme est un monde qui vaut des fois les mondes et
que les plus ardentes ambitions sont celles qui ont eu l'orgueil de