[petsc-users] MatConvert behavior 3.1 vs 3.2

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 26 12:24:09 CST 2012

I am having problems with the following piece of code in petsc 3.2 but
not 3.1 (with syntax changes where appropriate):

Mat XBI;
Mat adj = 0;
MatPartitioning part = 0;
IS is = 0;

// Now declare XBI as MPIAIJ and fill it.

MatConvert(XBI, MATMPIADJ, MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX, &adj);
MatPartitioningCreate(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, &part);
MatPartitioningSetAdjacency(part, adj);
MatPartitioningSetNParts(part, npMax);
MatPartitioningSetFromOptions(part);
MatPartitioningApply(part, &is);

It crashes in parmetis at the last line above and I have already
reported that in their bug system.
I want to eliminate the changes between Petsc 3.1/3.2 API as a
possible cause - would there be any changes possibly affecting
behavior this code?

Thanks

--
Dominik