[petsc-users] testing scalability for ksp/ex22.c

Francis Poulin fpoulin at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 23 15:03:21 CST 2012

Hello again,

I am using v3.1 of PETSc.

I changed the grid sizes slightly and I'm including 4 log_summary files.

The times are shown below.  I have not modified the example at all except in specifying the matrix size.  Could it be that I need much larger?  When I tried much larger matrices I think I might have got an error because I was using too much memory.

n 		time
2		22s
4		29.8s
8		33.7s
16		28.3s

Sorry for my first email but I hope this has more information.

Cheers, Francis