[petsc-users] access to matnest block (0,1) ?

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Fri Feb 3 08:07:37 CST 2012

> I should add a MatNestGetISs() so you can get out the automatically-created
> ISs. They will have the structure described below. If you want to work with
> the released version, you should create the ISs yourself.

As a user, having MatNestGetISs would be most convenient.

> A has a contigous distribution, so the ISs must respect that. Did you try
> creating the index sets described above? Please explain "something's wrong".

Finally I understand the relation between the nesting and the
index sets. After replacing my incorrect ISs with the correct
ones, everything's fine (no more [0]PETSC ERROR: Arguments are
incompatible!  [0]PETSC ERROR: Could not find index set!).

Thanks a lot for your help, Jed, I really appreciate it.

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij
CFD Researcher
Research & Development
E mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 33 44

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl