[petsc-users] MG on fieldsplit

gouarin loic.gouarin at math.u-psud.fr
Thu Feb 2 09:24:30 CST 2012

On 02/02/2012 15:23, Jed Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 13:03, gouarin <loic.gouarin at math.u-psud.fr
> <mailto:loic.gouarin at math.u-psud.fr>> wrote:
>
>     It seems that I have forgotten to initialize DMSetInitialGuess,
>     DMSetFunction, DMSetJacobian.
>
>     I don't understand what is the best way to use 4Q1-Q1 elements for
>     the Stokes problem:
>

> src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex43.c (2D) and ex42.c (3D) use these
> elements for variable-viscosity Stokes.
No. In those examples, you have the same grid for the velocity and the
pressure. If I use 4Q1_Q1 elements, I have not the same grid. I have one
for the velocity and an other for the pressure in the DMComposite. And
for me, it is the difficulty because as you say after, I have to do my
own preallocation step to have the good off-diagonal blocks.

This is why I asked what is the best way to construct my matrix. I hoped
that now it is not necessary to do this preallocation. This is also a
difficulty to use a multigrid only on the velocity.

Thanks,
Loic

--
Loic Gouarin