[petsc-users] Hypre through Petsc: BoomerAMG options

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 31 07:31:06 CDT 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 6:14 AM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Arun Kamath <arun.kamath.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> My idea is to add Petsc options to the control file I have for my code for other options in the code and read them as in an example bit below.. So I was putting in the routines that we would be expecting to use in one file. That seems to be done now. Thanks for all the help.
>
> This looks hopelessly cryptic. Why not just pass the name of the options file to PetscInitialize() or PetscOptionsInsertFile(). It's one line and automatically "supports" all current and future options (of which there are infinitely many because options contain a compositional algebra).
>

> case 'B': control>>numint;
>                                 switch(numint)
>                                 {
>                                 case  5: control>>B5;
>                                                  clear(c,numint);
>                                                  break;
>                                 case 10: control>>B10;
>                                                  clear(c,numint);
>                                                  break;
>                             case 11: control>>B11;
>                                                  clear(c,numint);
>                                                  break;

   Note that it is also possible to include your options and PETSc options in the same file. So for example you may have a file with something like the following

#     My options
#
myoption 1
myoption 2
etc
#
#    PETSc options
#
-ksp_type fgmres
-pc_type hypre
etc

just make sure your options processing skips or ignores the PETSc options. PETSc will ignore your options in reading the file.