[petsc-users] Recompile PETSc after small changes

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 29 06:46:32 CDT 2012

To elaborate, if you have CMake on your machine, PETSc's configure will
make it be used by default when you type "make". Those makefiles have
dependencies written into them (unlike PETSc's legacy makefiles in the
source tree) so recompilation after a small change should take about two
seconds to compile that one file and link.