[petsc-users] SNES Shell Problems

Gaetan Kenway kenway at utias.utoronto.ca
Mon Aug 27 12:24:58 CDT 2012

Excellent. Thanks.

The reason for using the snes shell solver is I would like to try out the
ngmres snes. solver. The code I'm working with already has a has a
non-linear multi-grid method, coded directly in the fortran source. My plan
was to setup the the ngmres snes solver, then create a snes shell as the
preconditioner that wraps the nonlienear multigrid solver already in place.

Does this make sense? Is this the sort of usage you had in mind?

Thanks,

Gaetan