[petsc-users] reduce a MPIBAIJ matrix to seqaij format

shu guo greatgs2008 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:59:40 CDT 2012

Dear All,

I am a new user of PetSc in fortran. I want to solve a ill conditioned
matrix right now. And the matrix is now assembled as a MPIBAIJ matrix
in a paralleled way. Now I want to use superlu (the serial direct
solver) to solve it since its ill-conditioned characteristic. I tried
MatConvert as

          call MatConvert (Kmatem, MATSEQAIJ, MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX, Kmatemseq)
and it gives me a segmentation error. Can anyone give me some advice?

BTW, I am using Petsc 2.3.3-p15 version, which do not have Schur
preconditioner for ill-conditioned matrix. Also hope someone can give
me some advice on how to solve this kind of matrix based on this petsc
version. Thanks a lot!

Shu