[petsc-users] building Petsc in an IDE

Arun Kamath arun.kamath.m at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:47:34 CDT 2012

Hi!
I wanted to know if it is possible to build a PETSc file from an IDE, like
codelite or code blocks.
On my attempt to do so after adding the libraries
libpestc.a, libhypre.a, libf2cblas.a and libf2clapack.a to the link
libraries and
petsc/conf, petsc/include and pets/arch-darwin-c-debug/include to the
complier search directories, the executable is not built and
errors similar to the one below are returned.

"Linking console executable: /./examples/tutorials/ex2
  "_XCreateGC", referenced from:
      _PetscDrawXiSetGC in libpetsc.a(xinit.o)
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status"

Does anyone have a solution to this?
Thanks.
--
Arun Kamath