[petsc-users] Possible funding opportunity for PETSc based software products

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 17 18:31:52 CDT 2012

   The US Department of Energy provides funding to small businesses to move advances from DOE funded research into industrial products. This year they have a focus on moving DOE software advances  into industry.

> The DOE SBIR/STTR call came out on Monday (see http://www.er.doe.gov/grants/pdf/SC_FOA_0000760.pdf).  It includes
>
> a. Turnkey HPC Solutions for Manufacturing and Engineering
> c. Hardening of R&D Code for Industry Use
>
> under Increasing Adoption of HPC Modeling and Simulation in the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Industries.

   If you are developing/supporting products that utilize PETSc this is a great opportunity to have DOE fund some of the development work.  Should you desire additional information please refer to the material above and to contact me directly. I am willing to provide letters of support and other help for you in preparing proposals.

    Good luck,