[petsc-users] Scatter context for MatMult

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 17 16:00:56 CDT 2012

MatGetCommunicationStructs() returns exactly back the VecScatter that gets all those ghost points.

It is hardwired for MPIAIJ matrices; which is ok for you.

PETSc developers need to fix this and either add MPIAIJ in the name or make it more general for other formats. Yucky stuff that should not have been exposed in exactly this way.

   Barry